In this update we are covering following:
- Competition type and classes
- Championship medals summary
- New fields for athletes – height, weight and physio
1. Competition type and classes
We have created class system based on athlete results. To implement this system we needed to create indicator, that sets how important competition is. Therefore from now on all new results must include competition type. Results that are already added to athlete profile can be changed (via blue icon) and athletes can select competition type.
List of competiton types
- Olympic Games
- Local Competition
- International Competition
- National Championships
- World Championships
- World Cup
- European Championships
- Asian Championships
- African Championships
- North American Championships
- South American Championships
- Pan American Championships
- Oceania Championships
- Other Competition
So in order to get your class you will need to insert at least 1 result with competition type or change your current results. Class system is based on athlete results. Classes are determined as follows:
- * Casual – Has only participated at Local or International competition.
- ** Amateur – Has participated at National Championships. No medals won at National Championships.
- *** Semi-Pro – Has participated at National championships and won medal. Or has participated in European, American, Asian, African or Oceania Championships
- **** Professional – Has participated at Olympic Games or World Championships. Or has participated in European, American, Asian, African or Oceania Championships and won medal. Also athlete is required to be over 18 years old to get this class.
- ***** Top Athlete – Has participated at Olympic Games or World Championships and won medal.
This is how athlete class is displayed through Sportlio site. Athlete class is always above or next to name and if there is no class, then grey stars are displayed. After class comes icons that indicate if athlete has participated at important competitions like Olympic Games or World Championships.
2. Championship medals summary
Since we now know the type of competition athletes insert we can make a summary of championship medals and bring that data out more clearly. If athlete has won medal from National Championships to Olympic Games the number of won medals is displayed above results section on athlete profile page.
You can probably see on the picture about athlete class that there are some small icons next to athlete class. These icons or badges are displayed always on athlete preview to indicate athlete participation at important championships like World Championships or Olympic Games.
3.Height, weight and physio field for athlete
We updated athlete bio to give more information about athlete. Now athletes can add their weight, height and name of physio or masseur. It can be done under “Edit profile”.